Use specialist landscape inputs for the open spaces within a residential apartment development.
This will ensure that these spaces are given appropriate attention and a level of design treatment equivalent to that of the building.
Provide a consistent language for the landscape design, unifying the potentially different requirements and enhancing the overall identity of the scheme.
Improve the amenity value of the landscape by:
- Providing appropriate shade with trees or structures.
- Providing direct and accessible pedestrian and cycle routes.
- Screening cars, clothes drying areas, swimming pools, rubbish areas and private open space.
- Providing storage areas for equipment for any productive gardens.
- Locating art works for viewing from open space or apartments.
- Providing outdoor play areas for children and storage for their toys.
- Providing opportunities for residents to individualise their private outdoor spaces, e.g. to grow herbs, vegetables or flowers.